Exercise sounds great, but when it comes to actually doing it, that’s another story. Most of the time, if you are lazy, you just want to lay down and make excuses. But your health is important.
So, here are some tips to get yourself fitter without feeling like working out is too much of a burden.
1. Stick to 10s. Just try doing 10 push-ups or sit-ups every day. This is better than nothing, and after a while, you will find that 10 sets are too easy, and you increase the number.
2. Walk for at least 20 minutes a day. It is easy to fit this into your schedule and will not have you gasping for air. Use your legs and get moving.
3. Standing up for at least every hour. Research says that sitting all day is bad for your health and posture. Make a conscious effort to get up at least once every hour.
4. Vacuum more often, change the sheets once a week, mop your floors – simply do your chores. These will get your heart pumping, which means you are burning calories.
5. Go on walks during phone calls. Do not sit around when you are talking to someone on the phone. It is an easy way to exercise even if it is only for five minutes.
6. Consider running for just one song. Instead of running for 30 minutes or more, just tell yourself to run for just one song. You wouldn’t notice when the 3.5 minutes are over, and you will see yourself volunteering to run for another song and another and another…
7. Take the stairs instead of elevators. This will increase your leg power and get your heart pumping.
Do not force yourself to do something you hate. If you hate running, then don’t do it. Do something that won’t make you feel miserable. Instead of forcing yourself, try doing something you enjoy. If you enjoy your exercise, your brain will associate it with positive thoughts.
Exercise is food for you. Adding even just a moderate amount of physical activity to your daily or weekly routine can have a great effect on your physical, mental, and emotional health.
Even just a little heart-pumping activity can be good for you. So, instead of just sitting and laying around, try doing the above tips to be stronger and healthier.